- Sep 01: Weekday | Thursday of the Twenty-Second Week of Ordinary Time
- Aug 30: Weekday | Tuesday of the Twenty-Second Week of Ordinary Time
- Aug 31: Weekday | Wednesday of the Twenty-Second Week of Ordinary Time
- Aug 29: Memorial | Beheading of John the Baptist, M
- Aug 28: Sunday | Twenty-Second Sunday of Ordinary Time
The readings for each day can be seen at www.usccb.org/nab/
Saint Matthew Church celebrates the Catholic faith in Jesus Christ by inspiring all to love God and one another, and to share the Good News of God's love with others
Subscribe to our newsletter
- University Mass - The University Mass, planned to meet the needs of our student population, is celebrated on Sunday at 6 pm. A dinner for the Georgia Southern students will follow in the social hall. If you are interested in volunteering to help prepare student dinners this semester, please sign up!
- Religious Education News - Registration online here or in the social hall after the morning Masses during August.
- Canonization Celebration - The Parish Council of Catholic Women is hosting a celebration for the September 4th canonization of Mother Teresa, who said, “Not all of us can do great things but we can do small things with great love.” The celebration will take place on Friday, September 9, 2016, beginning with Mass at 6 pm and followed by a potluck dinner at 7 pm. Fr. Tim McKeown will be present to reflect on his in-person meeting with this future saint.
- Consolation Ministry Workshop - The St. Matthew Consolation Ministry will sponsor a two session workshop on grief for interested parishioners. The workshop will cover the many kinds of grief that occur as well as methods to respond to those who are dealing with various issues of grief. If you are interested in attending, please fill out the Fall CM workshop flier and return it via email or by dropping it in the box in the narthex.